me & geography

for the chronicling of lessons & adventures along the way

Monday, April 09, 2007

Armagh

Friday and Saturday I spent visiting Lisa and her Kiwi Aaron in Markethill, Armagh. Susan met Lisa in New Zeland and then introduced her to me in Sydney last year and we met up again in Perth. Saturday we drove to the East Coast to the Mourne Mountains and Newcastle. This is rock is called 'Giant's Rock'.










We stopped at this harbour and were greeted by a pair of what we think were sea lions, could me wrong, but they were beautiful and quite massive. In the background you can see the Mourne Mountains.






Views of the Mourne Mountains, this rock wall stretches 22 miles across the mountains, the great wall of ireland.


























Lisa, Aaron and I before heading out to a charity quiz night.






Sunday morning Julia from Belfast picked me up and we drove West to Enniskillen where we spent the night with two girls she had travelled with in Australia, this morning we drove South into the Republic of Ireland and are now in Galway for two days exploring and meeting up with a couple friends I met in Darwin. This is the castle next door to Elaine's house that she had told me about on our travels, she used to play here when she was little, this horse just wanders around the ruins all by itself... beautiful place.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home