me & geography

for the chronicling of lessons & adventures along the way

Friday, February 23, 2007

Villers le Lac


I am now getting ready to leave Villers le Lac, a small french village about 5 min from the Swiss border known for its waterfalls and views. I've spent my time here staying with my friend Johnny, who I met waiting for a plane in Brisbane last year, a fabulous pastry chef and amazing host. He and his family have let me grace them with my presence for a week and I am very thankful for it, its beautiful here and i've spent my days split between France and Swizertland touring around and soaking up lots of nature (and pastries). That first picture is taken from the top of a closed ski hill (they,ve only had 2 days of ski season here) with Villers le Lac in the back ground.

Next week I will be in Taize severed from the internet and stewing in silence.
Monday Johnny drove Marie, his girlfriend, and I to see all the different natural attractions of the area, criss crossing back and forth between Switzerland and France.
Wednesday I spent the afternoon working at the patissery with Johnny and his girlfriend making chocolate and other yummy treats. A bit of a take-your-foreigner-to-work day.
Yesterday I walked all over Chaux de Fonds, a little self guided tour of sorts, initially ended up in this little Swiss town to see work by the architect 'Le Corbusier' who I did a project on in school but ended up more interested in the stained glass scattered all over the city.
a synoguge in Chaux de Fonds, one of the biggest in Switzerland, built 1896















my favorite stanied glass of the day --->

Villa-Turque - Le Corbusier designed this home for his parents, he's famous for it, not really my style though.

found this one in a church, very dark but very pretty.

much love and will post again in a week or so xxx

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home